Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello February

So I noticed it's been awhile since I've been on here to blog and am realizing that it is already the first day of February!! Wow! Just 3 months (give or take a few days) till I'm holding our little one in my arms!! I cannot wait! The last trimester has started off with, well, lets just say, more vomitting:( My morning sickness seems to have returned, much to my dismay and yet I am grateful for the seemingly small problems I have encountered compared to what others have dealt with during pregnancy. I am trying to focus on the moment I get to hold our son or daughter during my moments of naseua(sp), anxiety, faintness, and fatigue. During my devotions this morning I came across to verses that have been especially helpful to me with all that has transpired in my life over the past 6 months or so. I thought I'd share them with whoever may read this, because I can't imagine anyone who has never needed to be encouraged and given hope at some point in their lives. 1 Peter 1:6&7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." Romans 5:3&4 " Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character, hope."
And while on a positive note, our baby's room is coming along so nicely. The crib is all put together, glider rocker is in place next to our cute lamp/side table, and the closet is filling up! We are hoping to go pick up the changing table sometime this week. Our wonderful hand-me-down from Lacie to mom, and now us:) I'll try to get some pictures up soon of the nursery so far. On my yet-to-do list for baby's room is to get some uppercase living for the wall above the crib and toget some curtains made (or purchased) for the window.
As for news un-related to baby news, RJ and I are both staying fairly busy at work most days. And spending quality time with each other and our families on the weekends. We had a great saturday last weekend out at the farm with my family with the young boys and Rod out picking up sticks, the big boys working out in moms barber shop, and the ladies getting some sewing lessons from my mom. And RJ's parents came and stayed with us that night and spent the day with us on sunday. We all went to church, made brunch, took naps, played a competitive game of domino's and then saw the parents off with supper at Kellduff. What a great relaxing weekend!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment