Monday, December 5, 2011

It's feeling like Christmas!

Well after our nice little dusting of snow we had last week I'm starting to really get in the Christmas spirit! We had a tough Thanksgiving with several sad events, and I was wondering if I would actually feel Christmas-y by Christmas. But I know that what happened on Christmas thousands of years ago is still the same no matter what our current status in life is. And that is reason to celebrate!:)
Miss Emma is doing great, she is growing like a weed! Shes's wearing mostly 24 month clothes, and talking so much! She says more words than I can remember, will repeat about anything you say to her, and is putting words together really well. Some of our favorite things she's saying/doing right now and some of her more recent accomplishments are:

* "monkey", "RO-AR", "pretty", " 'noman" (snowman:) "owl" and "ammals" (animals) are a few of the new words she is saying a lot now.

* "tank you" She is getting so good at saying this at the appropriate times:)

* "k K" (She never says just ok, it's always k, k!:)

* "I want!" (It can get old sometime, but it sure beats just grunting angrily:)

* I know that this would not rank high on RJ's list as he doesn't care for Barney, but Emma LOVES him and is frequently singing the I Love You Song. It's so cute and goes something like this, " III YOU, YOUUUU MEEE, WEEEEEEEEEE (then she emphasized a huge hug;)"

* She doesn't get her sippy cup when she goes to bed anymore. She was waking up SOOOO soggy in the morning that we've been cutting back on fluids before bedtime.

* A couple of weeks ago she had a sleep over with Nana, (which are always fun:), and she's starting to sleep better in her bed there.

She continues to bring us more joy than we could have imagined and allowed us to feel more love than we ever knew we could!

No comments:

Post a Comment