Why is prayer usually one of the last things we think of doing when it should be the very first? I personally know the power of prayer, yet I struggle to simply take the time to do it. I have been feeling so convicted of this lately, as I feel this life does such a good job of keeping my mind busy with thoughts, feelings, worries, and day-to-day tasks. I feel like God has been trying to tell me that it would be so much easier to deal with it all if I would just stop for a few moments to take it to Him.
With all this on my brain, we've been trying to do better as a family at praying together. We now have a little girl growing up with her eyes on us, watching and listening to all we say and do. I want her to grow up less like her mommy in how see takes all her cares and concerns, and all that she deals with everyday to Jesus and not try and control it all herself. Even more importantly, what kind of relationship can we ALL have with Christ if we rarely take time to talk to Him, share with Him, and listen to what He wants to tell us!
Last night as we were getting ready to eat supper, we paused and asked Emma if we should pray before we eat.....she looked at us, smiled, and folded her hands together perfectly. After thanking God for our food she stretched her hands up and said "YAAAY!". (We must be doing ok:)
No comments:
Post a Comment