Well I am officially under 2 weeks till my due date. And I'll admit, I am getting a little weary of hearing, "so are you ready?" "when's your due date again?" and "No news yet?" I am as ready as I'm going to be and just kind of sick of being pregnant. Now with that said, I know that God's timing is perfect, and I don't want Him to bring our baby into this world until He knows the time is right. I was recently reading in a book given to me by a friend, that part of what prepares our hearts and minds for the birth of our children is actually in the waiting. Although it may seem like I'm just trying to past the time, God is working in my heart to prepare me for the many changes that are coming. And teaching me about one thing I lack much of...patience! So I'm trying to look at each day left in my pregnancy as a chance for me to get my spirit just a little bit more ready for motherhood.
I'll admit it has gotten harder in the past week or so, with the birth of my friend Ariel's baby boy. I am so incredibly happy for them as Layton is an adorable little blessing and I'm so thankful that everything went so well for her. It's just so neat!:) Now I'm just wondering if we will be giving her little man a future guy friend or girlfriend???:D
Also adding to that is the fact that our baby seems to be completely out of room! I think he or she is a little frustrated with this because those cute little arms and legs can sure feel like daggers in my ribs, stomach, and bladder! I've given up hope of being comfortable at night, and am happy just to say I've managed to get a few hours of sleep here and there. Haha, oh well, it's all part of it!:)
My last appointment went well and was fairly uneventful.....all vitals are good and this is great news especially for my iron count which is back up to normal. This week he will begin checking for dialation, effacement, and other signs of labor.
I'm still pluggin away at work 3 or 4 days a week, and it's gotten quite a bit tougher in the last week or so. I'm thankful that I'm still well enough to be on my feet and that I'm not confined to my home or bed, But I sure do need more motivation to get geared up to go than i did a few weeks and months ago, (which I think is fairly understandable;P)
That is about it for now, I'm going to relax and soak up some sunshine out on our deck:) I love this weather so much and I am enjoying the backyard of our home SO MUCH!! I've been taking advantage of our deck and the weather lately, sitting outside in the sun to read, journal, listen to music, and dream about meeting our little baby:)
Take care everyone and YES, I hope that soon I will be sharing updates on our little boy or girl's arrival!!!!!
I love reading your blog, hun. :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe on Monday I can join you outside on your deck - even if it's just in silence... or listening to music, journaling, reading, writing, and just being together... for perhaps one last time before a precious little one joins the picture! ;)
Don't worry if that's not a possibility... it's just a thought... We'll chat again soon I hope! :)